Producing and directing a full-length feature documentary just wasn't enough for me, so I decided to start a video-blog series in which I document the process of making this documentary.
I started this vlog for several reasons, but here's a few:
- I love inspiring people, as I have been inspired. So I hope I can inspire others to go for their dreams through this vlog series.
- To show what it's really like to produce and direct an independent documentary! I would love if someone had already done something like this for me when I was starting out.
- To spread the importance of this topic throughout my generation. Who said I should stop at a documentary? The 80 million unexploded ordnance in Laos is an important and relevant issue that my generation has to know about. Since I won't be in the documentary, this is my way of communicating with my peers.
- To show funders, grantees, and other individuals supporting the film what I'm up to and how passionate I am about this topic.
- To feature me and my hardworking team, so that one day we can go back and watch these to see how far we've come.